As we plan to celebrate Mother’s Day on Sunday, I thought I’d take a moment to share some mother wisdom my friends shared with me.
What did your Mom always tell you as you were growing up, or perhaps today? Her advice may have made you a better leader, team member, business owner, partner or friend. It may have helped you be more resilient, confident or courageous.
For example, my Mom always said, “Don’t borrow trouble.” In other words, don’t worry about things that will probably never happen.
Take a moment to reflect on the words your Mom told you and consider sharing it here, so we can all benefit from her wisdom!
- “I trust you until you show me I can’t.”
- “You don’t have to tell everything you know.”
- “What’s on your mind, besides me?” To prompt a conversation.
- “Never depend on a man for your happiness. Make your own. And always have your own money and know exactly where it is.”
- “Show me your company and I’ll tell you who you are.”
- “Always wear nice underwear in case you get in an accident and have to go to the emergency room.”
- “Make your bed every morning.”
- “Take all criticism and analyze it. If it’s relevant, do something to change it. If it’s not, throw it away and forget it.”
- “Class will tell.”
- “Trust the process.”
- “Give yourself a time limit on being mad. Then, get over it and move on with your life.”
- “This, too, shall pass.”
- “It’s just as easy to fall in love with a rich man as a poor man. Marry rich.” Kelly and Rich have been happily married for 32 years!
Happy Mother’s Day!