Nearly 80% of us will abandon our resolutions by the end of this month. I believe one of the reasons is what we tell ourselves.
It’s that little voice in our head that says we’re not good enough or not worthy of that goal. We have failed before, so why would this be any different?
Release the guilt, shame and blame of the past with an empowering affirmation that supports your success.
To make your affirmation most effective, keep it brief, positive and in the present. Print it out and post it someplace you’ll see every day. Say it to yourself, out loud and, when appropriate, to others.
If your goal is personal fitness, for example, consider some of these:
- I am so happy and grateful now that I make healthy choices.
- I love the way I feel when I work out. (A good one to get you to the gym!)
- I am a positive role model for others. (Knowing your actions impact more than yourself can be a powerful motivator.)
- Eating right and staying active is fun and easy.
- I deserve to take the time to take care of myself.
- Water is my energy drink! (That’s my latest one.)
What’s your go-to resolution affirmation? Share it here!